If you are looking for a great girlfriend getaway, plan a trip to New York City.
New York City has something for everyone, so get your girlfriends together and start making your list of what you want to see and do.
Your New York travel destination can include shopping, eating at great restaurants, sightseeing, plays and just being in one of the best cities in the world.
Here are my travel tips for a Girlfriends Getaway to New York City:
When to go:
Where to go:
How long to stay:
A long weekend to a week
Where to stay:
Check out the Reviews for these top two hotels
Here are a few more suggestions:
For a great budget friendly, breakfast included, midtown location, check out:
Top things to do in New York City:
See all of NYC from the top of the Empire State Building or the top of Rockefeller Center.
Central Park eat at The Loeb Boathouse Central Park Restaurant, take a pedicab tour through the park or rent a bike.
See an off-Broadway or Broadway play
Eat at a fabulous restaurant
Recommendation: ABC Kitchen
Other great places to eat:
- Barrio Chino (in Soho)
- Cafe Habana (in NoLita, GREAT for brunch, really cramped)
- Buddakhan (in Meatpacking district good food and atmosphere)
- South Houston (in Soho/Tribeca neighborhood – good for a drink prior to dinner)
- Union Pool (bar in Brooklyn – need to take a taxi, but fun place for live music and people watching, loud)
- Yuca Bar (in the East Village – good little latin cocina, casual)
- Ocean Grill (Upper West Side – kinda fru fru & spendy)
- Freeman’s (in Soho-ish/Lower East Side – hidden at the end of an alley – cool, casual)
- Balthazar (another Soho favorite)
- Lucien (in Soho – French bistro – small, trendy, VERY good food – good dinner option)
- Macundo (in Soho, right on Houston – great food and drinks, casual)
- White Rabbit (in Soho, down from Macundo, nice after dinner bar to chill and have another cocktail at – simple – DJ in the back)
- Yummy Noodle (in Chinatown)
- Il Cortille (in Little Italy)
Manicures what is a girlfriend getaway without a stop for manicures. Go to: adaspatribeca.com You can walk right in and get a good basic manicure for $12. Cheap manicures are a dime a dozen in NYC (esp. for this one being in Tribeca), but this was an especially good experience. There are also more good bars and restaurants in that area up/down Broadway in that area too.
- Madison Avenue for high end designers
- SoHo for eclectic stores
- Chinatown for items from all around the world at great prices
- Times Square for more of the fun stores if you are looking to buy something for your kids back at home
- Herald Square & The Garment District has every chain store you could ever be looking for
Hit a club or see live music check to see if anything is happening at Madison Square Garden (MSG or The Garden) or the Beacon Theater for a chance to check out some of the best live music venues.
Statue of Liberty go on the boat tour around the Statue of Liberty instead of the crowded tourist tour that takes you to Ellis Island unless of course you have family members that came through Ellis Island.
Tour = Circle Line or the New York Water Taxi – highly recommend, this includes the double decker bus tour through midtown, boat ride by the Statue of Liberty and a hop on hop off taxi to the 9/11 Memorial and the Brooklyn Bridge.
Battery Park is located right by where the ferries take you to Ellis Island. It is a great place to enjoy a beautiful park inside the huge city. There are a lot of memorials and statues within the park. You will even find a marina. What a great place to be when you need a break from walking and all the concrete.
Stone Street Historic District in April – November for great outdoor dining/happy hour fun
Take the pilgrimage to the 9/11 Memorial. Plan ahead and reserve a free visitor pass. Explore the museum and the memorial.
Enjoy your Fabulous girlfriend getaway to NYC!