Family trip to Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Glenwood Springs Colorado is another wonderful town full of family fun in the summer. Hot springs, hiking, adventure and caves. Find out why it was named Most Fun Town in America by Rand McNally & USA Today.
Here are my travel tips and recommendations for a family vacation to Glenwood Springs Colorado.
Where to go:
Glenwood Springs Colorado
When to go:
How long to go:
Where to stay:
Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge – access to the hot springs pools
Hotel Glenwood Springs – enjoy the indoor waterpark and gondola rides right outside the hotel to the Caverns Adventure Park on top of the mountain the
The Hotel Denver – a unique stay in a historic hotel
Things to do in Glenwood Springs Colorado:
- Caverns Adventure Park – take the gondola up for thrill rides at the top of the mountain
- Hike Hanging Lake Trail
- Glenwood Canyon Bike Trail – great flat trail along the Colorado River
- Glenwood Hot Springs – can’t miss this wonderful hot spring pool and slides right off the freeway
- Glenwood Caverns – cave tours in the Caverns Adventure Park
- Johnson Park Mini Golf – challenge the family to a round
- River rafting with Glenwood Canyon Rafting
- Glenwood Canyon Zipline Adventures for zipping through the canyon
- Hike the Red Mountain Trail
- ATVing with Glenwood Adventure Company
- Horseback Riding on beautiful trails
- Ropes courses around Glenwood Springs
- Golfing in Glenwood Springs
- Fly Fishing in the Colorado River
- Kayaking in Glenwood Springs
- Segway Tours through Glenwood Springs
- Shopping – check out The Downtown Market on Tuesday nights for local art
- Music on the Mountain for music under the stars
You name it, every outdoor activity you could think of is in Glenwood Springs.
Where to eat in Glenwood Springs Colorado:
Just head to Downtown 7th Street aka restaurant row or try out these great options.
- Glenwood Canyon Brewing Company
- Uncle Pizza
- Rivers Restaurant
- Rib City Grill
- Glenwood Vaudeville Revue – dinner theatre show for the whole family
Great day trips from Glenwood Springs:
Within an hour drive is Aspen where you can go mountain biking, hiking, fishing, camping, ride the Aspen Mountain gondola or check out the Snowmass Rodeo.
Or head the other direction to Vail, another amazing summer destination with lots of outdoor fun for the whole family.
Enjoy a great family vacation to Glenwood Springs Colorado! Contact me for any questions or help with planning your getaway.